Sandstone National Hotel in Sandstone
Sandstone National Hotel
The smallest of the four hotels built in Sandstone during the gold rush years, the National Hotel is also the only one still remaining. It was built by W.A. Richardson in 1907 using bricks fired in a local kiln near the Hacks Mine. The hotel has remained open since construction and is a popular stopover for visitors.
The hotel offers a range of accommodation and meal options with friendly, old-fashioned country service. It has an outdoor area for its residential guests to use.