Sky Tavern in Port Augusta
Sky Tavern / Northern Exchange.
Has been rebuilt 2008. This is an old front photo.
Previously known as the Great Northern Hotel
Adjoins the Exchange Hotel but operates under seperate licenses.
"In September 1855, the first publican's general license was granted to Alexander Mackay for a small shanty which he named the "Port Augusta Hotel". Alexander Mackay, one of the first pioneer settlers of Port Augusta, was a carpenter and builder. He was also the first mail contractor and later became local magistrate and civic leader."
_ courtesy Courtney Inge, Eureka Group and skytavern.com.au
More of the Pub history on their website.
Great Northern Hotel
Photo submitted by Glenn Ryan, Many Thanks
- 4 Tassie St,
South Australia, 5700
- 08 8642 2522