skip to content

Former Royal Bulls Head Inn in Drayton

Towns and suburbs close to Drayton | Hotels in Drayton

Former Royal Bulls Head Inn

Former Royal Bulls Head Inn

The first inn, a slab and shingle building, was erected in 1847, but was replaced in 1859 by the one which still stands on the site today.

In 1879 Thomas Price Horton, son of original owner William Horton, sold the Bull's Head Inn to Richard Stephen Lynch. Henceforth the Bull's Head Inn was used as the private residence of the Lynch family, and was renamed "The Terrace".

A National Trust of Queensland Building The timber and brick nog construction is unusual in Queensland.

Was used to house the Drayton Post Office for almost 60 years up to 1952.
Now a museum and coffee shop open wednesdays to sundays. Admission costs apply.

Two rooms survive in original condition with the other rooms true to the 1870's

Former Royal Bulls Head Inn

Former Royal Bulls Head Inn

Photo Submitted By Brian McMillan, Many Thanks

Brisbane Street
Drayton,
Queensland
Phone:
(07) 4637 2278

< Hotels in Drayton, Queensland

Load Comments

<< Gday Pubs Homepage