Tibooburra Hotel in Tibooburra
Tibooburra Hotel (The Two Storey)
The only two storey building in town.
"It is the oldest of the two hotels left remaining in Tibooburra and was built of locally cut sandstone in 1882. The sandstone was transported to town by horse and cart and then hand-cut and hand- chipped to form the beautiful stone structure which remains today.
The hotel has twelve very clean and comfortable rooms, each with
different bed configurations. All rooms have air-conditioning."
- Courtesy Hotel Website.
It is though that It was originally named the Albert, but as there was already and Albert Hotel in Milparinka, the name was changed to the Tibooburra Hotel
Note the solar panels being installed.
Photo June 2011
Photo submitted by Peter Simpfendorfer, Many Thanks
- Briscoe St., Tibooburra, NSW, 2880
- (08) 8091 3310