skip to content

Former Court House Hotel in Manilla

Towns and suburbs close to Manilla | Hotels in Manilla

Former Court House Hotel

Former Court House Hotel

The Court House Hotel opened on 01/12/1900 and closed in 2000. The license was transferred to Sydney.

"The Court House Hotel" was built on a half-an-acre block as a brick constructed two-storey building. A verandah was also erected. The accommodation available to guests was significant in the form of thirty available rooms. To service the thirsty patrons the bar measured eighteen feet. ....... in 1939 a storm blew the roof off the building. Under the watchful eye of Mrs Hirschberg, the licensee, the roof, parapet and verandah were rebuilt. To follow contemporary design of the time, the parapet was simplified and art deco influenced "Court-House Hotel" lettering was applied" - courtesy of 'Fall of the Bar' bowriverpublishing.com.au

Former Court House Hotel

Former Court House Hotel
Photo 6/6/2009

Photo shows the re-use of the pub for the tattoo business. Otherwise, externally the building is looking more dilapidated than in recent years.
PD: 6/6/2009. Further information on this pub, can be gained from the book
'Fall of the Bar' bowriverpublishing.com.au

Photos and information submitted by Glenn Ryan, Many Thanks

85 Manilla Street,
Manilla
New South Wales 2346

Former Court House Hotel

Still a closed watering hole, but part of the building is now trading as the White Skull Tattoo parlor.

Photo 6/6/2009

Photos and information submitted by Glenn Ryan, Many Thanks

Former Court House Hotel

Photo: 14/11/2003
Photo submitted by Jim Fisher, Many Thanks

Former Court House Hotel

Photo: 24/08/2004
Photos and information submitted by Jon Graham, Many Thanks

Court House Hotel when open.

Photo 12/04/1984

Photo Stephen Halgren and submitted by Glenn Ryan, Many Thank

< Hotels in Manilla, New South Wales

Load Comments

<< Gday Pubs Homepage