skip to content

Ballimore Inn Hotel in Ballimore

Towns and suburbs close to Ballimore | Hotels in Ballimore

Ballimore Inn Hotel

Ballimore Inn Hotel

The Pub opened at 12 noon. Had an icy cold schooner! - Jon

Est. 1882

  • Hotel
  • Accommodation
  • Bistro

" Hotel History

" Ballimore Inn was formerly known as
The "Carriers Rest" in 1882, "Fitzell's Gully Hotel" in 1886 "The Royal Hotel" in 1919.

During Cobb & Co. days of the Royal Mail Coach, Ballimore Inn was a rest stop for the Cobb & Co. coaches which were en route to Leadville and Coolah.

Legend has it that Ballimore Inn was not supposed to have been built in its current location, rather at Elong Elong. But due to floods when the building materials were being transported, they got bogged at the Inn's current location and that's where they built her!

Ballimore Inn Hotel

Ballimore Inn Hotel

Photo 01/11/2000
Photos submitted by Jon Graham, Many Thanks

She is built in traditional federation style with the old iron roof, French doors and fireplaces throughout"
information courtesy - Golden Highway Website
www.goldenhighway.com.au/ballimore_inn.htm. Many Thanks

[street view]
24 Federation Street,
Ballimore
New South Wales 2830
Phone:
02 6886 5131

< Hotels in Ballimore, New South Wales

Load Comments

<< Gday Pubs Homepage