Hotels in Walhalla, Victoria
Find out more about Walhalla and surrounding areas in the Walhalla Pub Trail
Walhalla Lodge Hotel (Wally Pub)
The town is the centre of Walhalla Historic Area and the start of the 650 km Australian Alps Walking Track to the ACT.
The view down to the town from the tramway walk is a 'must-do' walk. (30 minute walk)
Refer to more things to see and do in the Pub Trails section: Pub Trails Walhalla
You can spend days exploring Walhalla township area.
- There's the town with all its fine old restored buildings
- Long Tunnel Mine excursion
- Tramway walk trail around the edge of the town
- Walk (difficult) to the famous hill top cricket pitch
- Visit the steepest moutainside cemetery
- enjoy a ride on the Walhalla railway line down to Thomson station
- take a 4WD or 2WD exploration of the surrounding hills (be careful of hidden mineshafts in the area!)
- stay a while in one of the many bed-n-breakfasts - even the haunted old hospital, now a B&B!