The oldest Hotel licensee in Australia and possibly the world. Mar Ring 101 yrs of age at the Billinudgel Pub
Pub Related Trivia
- Matter of Fact
- While visiting Pubs there sometimes comes up a question or point of Pub history that causes the collective grey matter in the Public Bar into a state of debate...
- State Histories
- The debate still persists, state by state, over the oldest operating license, continuous license, continuously operating license and continuously operating license in the same building...
- What's in a Name
- Pub names often come up in bar debates. What is the most popular name and how many are there?
- Bar Maidens
- There has always been something about the oil painting of the nude, hung over the Public Bar, that just seemed to complete the Picture. It is a part of Australian Pub culture and history...
- Noun. Memorabilia found in a Pub. A aid used by locals to encourage donations from visitors. A good reason for a Publican to spin a yarn. Quirky displays unique to Aussie Pubs...
- Have you got any brewery or distillary photos you want to share with the world?
- BIG Things
- Many people in fact travel this land visiting as many BIG THINGS as possible. What better reason to head off on a journey?
- Letter Boxes
- The great Australian letterbox. It's an art form. A sense of humour. A statement. A way of making sure the Postie recognises your digs if he is not having a great day...
- An eclectic collection of books about Australian Pubs...
- Songs at the Bar
- Slim Dusty was not the first but certainly our most famous songwriter to include Aussie Pubs in his music...
- Long and Short of it
- Tallest, shortest, highest, lowest, widest, narrowest, biggest, smallest, fastest, slowest, hardest, softest, oldest, youngest, ...
- Contributors Wall of Fame
- It's not until you are on the road visiting Pubs that realise how many others enjoy the same pastime...
Court House Hotel